
Suddenly, I made up my mind to write something in Japanese on my blog.
So I'd like to write :D
* こんにちは(Konnichiwa)= Hello
* はじめまして(Hazimemashite)= Nice to meet you
* ありがとう(Arigatou)= Thank you
* さよなら(Sayonara)= Good bye
We have three types of characters and we use them at the same time when we read and write. I wrote in "Hiragana", words on the top of this post.----"あ"
This is the easiest character and when we start elementary school(6 years old), we learn this first.
The second character is "Katakana"----"ア"
We use this when we express things that come from other countries for example, "Radio", "Televisiton", "Computer", and so on. pronunciation is exactly the same but it has Japanese accent. From the middle of the Edo period, Japan was doing national seclusion. In 1853, four battleships came from U.S. and asked the goverment to finish the national seclusion and carry on commerce with other countries. After that in the Meiji period, many many new things arrived in Japan. They didn't know the name so they decided to copy the name from abroad. "Katakana" is as the same pronunciation as "Hiragana".
And the last one is "Kanji.----"亜"
This is the most difficult character. They came from China long long time ago, so it's also called "Chinese character". We started learning this since we were 7 years old, and we have to learn 1,945 Kanji to read the newspaper. I can read the newspaper so I think I know them all, but I'm not sure^^;
"あ", "ア" and "亜" are all the same pronunciation so I think it's really complicated when you see Japanese first. "Kanji" came from China and when we write, it's similar, but the pronunciation is so different so I can't read and understand Chinese. It's really close on the map, but I can't understand Korean neither, because the characters are really different.
It was about Japan^^
*The photo is the snow festival in my town "Tokamachi"^^
The castle made by snow and we can see many fireworks!
374 words
7 comments:
Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) is very different from Japanese. I already watched Japanese films, with Japanese subtitles and I realized that the character is pronounced with more than one syllable. You know in Chinese as it is in Mandarin or Cantonese each character is pronounced with one syllable and represents a word. When you add one character to another it represents another word or a sentence.
For example:I is 我 (wǒ) in Mandarin and Ngo in cantonese.
開/开(open/kāi)心 and (heart/xīn) together mean happy (開心/开心).
Hey
Japanese sounds pretty difficult. I think I will stick to Hiragana which is difficult enough for me but I can read arigatou which makes me really proud of myself ;)
I think I could never learn kanji it seems to be really difficult. I heard you have more than 3000 characters. And that you need nearly 2000 of them just to read the newspaper is quite scary for me. I am really looking up to everybody who is able to read kanji.
Vera»»Wow, you read "Arigatou" ? I'm happy that you are interest in Japanese^^
Yeah, it's quite difficult for us neither.... I don't know exactly how many Kanji we have but maybe 3000 words^^;
You know, Chinese is all in Kanji!
Sometimes, I can expect what they wrote, but it's not always and I think when you see Chinese, you will say "Oh no!" :D
Chalalah»»Yes, we have one syllable by one symbol, but we also have more than two. For example, "富田" is my family name.
"富" is "Tomi" and we have two syllable, and "田" is "ta" and just one.
I think Chinese is more difficult because they all write in Kanji!(It's just my opinion :)
In Chinese, there are at most 3000 characters of traditional and 2/3 have been simplified. I must learn at least 2500 characters to read a newspaper which has 3000 characters most used. (I am learning the traditional and the simplified. (I have a section that talks about this in my blog.) But that fact that around 2 years I learn Chinese by myself. I do read that around 300 characters (the most simplified but I continue to learn the traditional characters because they are used worldwide like in Hong Kong Vietnam and Taiwan. In Japanese, kanji, you learn simply traditional characters?
exemple 鳳 /凤 開/ 开
sure I can read arigato. You wrote it down for me often enough^^.
こんにちは。ヴェロニカ暑いと私はオーストリアからです。
私は私の姉が大好きです。
ohhhh ...私は日本語ができます!!!!!
is it right?... but you know I really want to learn at least reading hiragana.
Vera»»WOW!! YOU'RE GOOD!! Yes, you can speak Japanese! and thank you very much! Me, too^0^
If you want I can tell you more about "Hiragana" and I want to learn German!!
Post a Comment